THIS GRANT IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
The next round of the Business Development Fund will open on 5 September 2016.
The objectives of the Business Development Fund is to assist not-for-profit organisations; or a for-profit organisations, businesses or companies where the funded project is not projected to return a profit in the short term and able to demonstrate long term viability, financial sustainability and the prospects of business expansion and/or employment growth to:
- Assist with the the establishment, development, growth and diversification of individual businesses, industries and specific business sectors within the region;
- Enhance the skills and professional development of micro – small – medium business owners and employees to develop their businesses and prosper within the region;
- Create economic development and investment opportunities which support social enterprises and employment opportunities for long-term unemployed; as well as engage and provide opportunities for vulnerable and marginalised groups.
- Supporting, promoting, complementing and protecting the region’s natural and built environments; and rich cultural heritage.
Funding of up to $10,000 in matching funds from Council is available. Applications for the 2016/17 Business Development Fund will open in September 2016 however more information which will assist completing an application is available on the links below.
- DOUGLAS SHIRE COUNCIL CORPORATE PLAN 2014-2019
- COUNCIL’S ROLE IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GENERAL POLICY
The following links below are to assist in providing you with information that may be useful in supporting and strengthening your application to be successful in receiving funding for your project/ initiative:
- DOUGLAS SHIRE ECONOMIC DATA
- DOUGLAS SHIRE STATISTICAL DATA
- TROPICAL NORTH QUEENSLAND ECONOMIC PLAN
- REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AUSTRALIA – ROAD MAP
- TOURISM TROPICAL NORTH QUEENSLAND STRATEGIC PLAN
- NORTHERN AUSTRALIA WHITE PAPER