The Queensland Government $25 million Growing Tourism Infrastructure Fund 2020/21 is a key element of the Queensland Economic Recovery Strategy: Unite and Recover for Queensland Jobs to help accelerate the State’s recovery from COVID-19.
Minimum funding of $500 000 up to a maximum of $5 million for capital construction projects involving the development of new and improved tourism infrastructure delivering sustainable benefits to the region and Queensland.
Project registrations close 24 June 2020 with eligible entities required to submit full business cases by 31 July 2020.
To be eligible to apply for funding an organisation must:
- have an established operating base in Queensland with a tourism-related focus
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN), an Australian Company Number (ACN) or exemption from these
- be registered for GST.
In addition, an organisation must be one of the following:
- a private sector business (e.g. a for-profit)
- a not-for-profit organisation (e.g. a regional tourism organisation, economic development organisation, community organisation)
- a local government authority
For further information visit the Department of State Development, Tourism and Innovation website at Department of State Development, Tourism and Innovation.