Cooya Beach, Mossman, Finlayvale, Wonga Beach
Douglas Shire Council will be doing bitumen resurfacing on several roads in the shire between Tuesday 14 June through to Friday 24 June – weather permitting.
Please avoid parking vehicles on the road between 7am – 5pm on the dates your road is scheduled for resealing.
This will enable contractors to complete the resurfacing as quickly as possible.
- Bonnie Doon Road , Cooya Beach Saturday 18 June
- Coral Sea Drive, Mossman Friday 24 June
- Finlayvale Road, Finlayvale Tuesday 14 June
- Johnston Road, Mossman Saturday 25 June
- Oleander Drive, Wonga Beach Friday 24 June
- Paddys Lane Friday, Wonga Beach Friday 24 June
Changed Traffic Conditions
- The roads will remain open to vehicles but one lane will be closed and vehicles will be directed around the work area safely.
- When resealing across driveways, contractors will try to accommodate residents and businesses. There may be 10-15 minutes when vehicles cannot get in or out when machinery is directly outside entrances.
- There will be noise from the large machine dispensing the hot bitumen and a truck following to apply a layer of stone. In most cases it is a single drive through, but in a few cases, there will be a second layer applied.
Please contact Council’s Community Liaison Officer, Gaye Scott via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on mobile 0418 793 009.