OPENS: Monday February 4, 2019
CLOSES: 4.30PM Monday, March 4, 2019
What is Industry Development Fund?
The purpose of the Industry Development Fund is to provide assistance to groups of organisations that are either constituted not-for-profits; or for-profit organisations, with the objectives of developing their industry.
Projects should focus on industry expansion, and/or employment and industry growth
Eligible not-for-profit organisations, businesses or companies are invited to apply for funding under the Industry Development Fund for projects commencing in the 2018-2019 financial year.
Applicants must be based in the Douglas Shire Council area and funded projects must commence only after Council approval has been given.
Application kits are available on the links below, Council’s Administration Office 64-66 Front Street, Mossman, and the Port Douglas Community Hub in Mowbray Street.
Applicants must discuss their application with a Council Officer prior to lodging and applications must be received by Council before 4.30pm on Monday 4th March 2019.
Industry Development Fund information required to complete an application:
Applicants are also encouraged to read:
- INFORMATION – BUDGET
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FUND – OUTCOME REPORT (to give applicants an idea of the acquittal requirements should their application be successful)
Project Plan Template (35.6 KiB)
Business Plan Template (43.4 KiB)
Additional information that may be useful in supporting and strengthening your application:
- DOUGLAS SHIRE COUNCIL CORPORATE PLAN 2014-2019
- COUNCIL’S ROLE IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GENERAL POLICY
- DOUGLAS SHIRE ECONOMIC DATA
- DOUGLAS SHIRE STATISTICAL DATA
- TROPICAL NORTH QUEENSLAND ECONOMIC PLAN
- REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AUSTRALIA – ROAD MAP
- TOURISM TROPICAL NORTH QUEENSLAND STRATEGIC PLAN
- NORTHERN AUSTRALIA WHITE PAPER