OPENS: THURSDAY 1 SEPTEMBER 2016
CLOSES: 4.30PM FRIDAY 28 OCTOBER 2016
Local organisations are invited to apply for funding under the Business Development Fund for projects commencing in the 2016-2017 financial year.
Applicants must be based in the Douglas Shire Council area and funded projects must commence only after Council approval has been given.
Application kits are available on the links below, at Council’s Mossman Administration Office 64-66 Front Street and the Port Douglas Community Hub in Mowbray Street.
An Information Session will be held Tuesday 6 September 2016 at 5.30pm Douglas Shire Council 64-66 Front St Mossman. To register your attendance, please telephone Council on 07 4099 9444 or email email@example.com.
Applicants must discuss their application with a Council Officer prior to lodgement and applications must be received by Council before 4.30pm Friday 28 October 2016.
Business Development Fund information required to complete an application:
Applicants are also encouraged to read:
- INFORMATION – BUDGET
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FUND – OUTCOME REPORT (to give applicants an idea of the acquittal requirements should their application be successful)
Project Plan Template (35.6 KiB)
Business Plan Template (43.4 KiB)
Additional information that may be useful in supporting and strengthening your application:
- DOUGLAS SHIRE COUNCIL CORPORATE PLAN 2014-2019
- COUNCIL’S ROLE IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GENERAL POLICY
- DOUGLAS SHIRE ECONOMIC DATA
- DOUGLAS SHIRE STATISTICAL DATA
- TROPICAL NORTH QUEENSLAND ECONOMIC PLAN
- REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AUSTRALIA – ROAD MAP
- TOURISM TROPICAL NORTH QUEENSLAND STRATEGIC PLAN
- NORTHERN AUSTRALIA WHITE PAPER