OPENS: MONDAY 4 SEPTEMBER 2017
CLOSES: 4.30PM FRIDAY 13 OCTOBER 2017
Eligible not-for-profit organisations, businesses or companies are invited to apply for funding under the Business Development Fund for projects commencing in the 2017-2018 financial year.
Applicants must be based in the Douglas Shire Council area; and/ or will deliver projects and activities in the Douglas region. Funded projects must commence only after Council approval has been given.
Application kits are available for download below, and at Council’s Administration Offices 64-66 Front Street Mossman and Mowbray Street Port Douglas.
An Information Session will be held Tuesday 5 September 2017 at 5.30pm Douglas Shire Council 64-66 Front St Mossman. To register your attendance, please telephone Council on 07 4099 9444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must discuss their application with a Council Officer prior to lodgement and applications must be received by Council before 4.30pm Friday 13 October 2017.
Business Development Fund information required to complete an application:
Applicants are also encouraged to read:
- INFORMATION – BUDGET
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FUND – OUTCOME REPORT (to give applicants an idea of the acquittal requirements should their application be successful)
Project Plan Template (35.6 KiB)
Business Plan Template (43.4 KiB)
Additional information that may be useful in supporting and strengthening your application:
- DOUGLAS SHIRE COUNCIL CORPORATE PLAN 2014-2019
- COUNCIL’S ROLE IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GENERAL POLICY
- DOUGLAS SHIRE ECONOMIC DATA
- DOUGLAS SHIRE STATISTICAL DATA
- TROPICAL NORTH QUEENSLAND ECONOMIC PLAN
- REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AUSTRALIA – ROAD MAP
- TOURISM TROPICAL NORTH QUEENSLAND STRATEGIC PLAN
- NORTHERN AUSTRALIA WHITE PAPER