Purpose: For outstanding regional artists and arts workers to develop their professional skills and gain experience in the national and international arts landscape.
Amount: Up to $30,000
Funding Provider: Regional Arts Australia
Closing Date: Currently closed
The five fellowships are:
- International creative development fellowship ($30,000) open to regional artists to support a placement or experience outside Australia to develop creative practice.
- Indigenous creative development fellowship ($20,000) which is open to Indigenous regional artists to support a placement or experience outside their region (including international, metropolitan or other regions) to develop creative practice.
- Young artist creative development fellowship ($15,000) which is available for regional artists aged between 18 and 26 to support a placement or experience outside their region (including international, metropolitan or other regions) to develop creative practice or support their career path.
- Institutional fellowship and Indigenous institutional fellowship ($30,000 each) will each support a placement for a regional artist or arts worker at an Australian arts institution. The placement could include formal training, mentoring with institutional leaders or a work placement.
Purpose: Grants to promote and encourage music and the performing arts
Amount: Usually no more than $2500 for individuals and $5000 for groups
Funding Provider: Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA)
Closing Date: Ongoing
All applications for grants are reviewed by the trustees and must be for one or more of the following purposes:
- Performances at concerts at or for charitable institutions such as hospitals or homes for the aged;
- Scholarships for the promotion and encouragement of musical and theatrical education;
- The promotion and encouragement of the performing arts to the general public;
- The aid or assistance of any beneficiary who is unable to adequately maintain herself/himself by her/his own exertions and other income
What can you use the grant for?
A grant under the PPCA Performers’ Trust Foundation can be used for costs associated with the above, including:
Travel costs (hire, airfares, petrol);
Venue hire/ PA hire
A grant cannot be used to cover wages, salaries, commissions etc.
Purpose: Assistance for costs of public presentation
Funding Provider: National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA)
Closing Date: Next quarterly round closes on 16 May 2016
This grant provides assistance towards the costs of public presentation for professional visual and media arts, craft and design practitioners who are Australian citizens or permanent residents. This includes, but is not limited to: advertising; promotional printing; mail outs; media photographs; media releases; equipment rental; framing; freight; installation costs; insurance; opening costs; space rental; technical assistance; travel. Please be aware that this grant does not provide assistance towards the production of artwork (materials, studio rental etc).
Purpose: Fund high quality arts or cultural heritage projects through activities such as a parade, performance, workshop, installation or exhibition in regional or remote Australia.
Funding Provider: Dept of Communications and the Arts
Closing Date: closes in September and March each year
Purpose: a range of funding and support available to arts and cultural organisations and individual artists. Encourage excellence and innovation in art, support cultural expression, professional and sector development, and increase access to the arts for all Australians.
Closing date: varies
Purpose: Eligible to businesses and ‘not for profits’. This program funds a range of activities that deliver benefits to the arts sector and wider public, including national and international audiences.
Amount: $10,000 – $100,000 (Supported activities must last no longer than 2 years from the proposed start date)
Closing date: 3 October 2017 – for projects starting after 1 January 2018
Examples of funded activities: the creation of new work; arts practice based research; creative development; professional skills development; experimentation; touring; festivals; productions; exhibitions; performances; publishing; recording; promotion and marketing; market development activity.