HIGH profile conservationists Sea Shepherd Australia will headline a thought-provoking seminar tipped to draw a huge crowd to the Clink Theatre in Port Douglas next month.
The three-hour Eco Seminar – called Disposable Planet 2 – will wrap up Eco Fashion Week Australia’s first foray into the Far North on November 10.
Douglas Shire Council Mayor Julia Leu will also address the crowd to talk about the Council’s achievements in sustainability and environment, including the recent addition to the world’s top 100 most sustainable destinations.
“Our mission to become the world’s first eco accredited destination is ambitious, but has the backing in all the right places,” she said.
“The Eco Seminar will be a fantastic opportunity to hear from some prominent local and international voices in sustainability.”
“Everyone knows Douglas Shire has a strong environmental charter as the only place where the Daintree Rainforest meets the Great Barrier Reef.”
The 11-strong speaker list features Reef Restoration CEO Stewart Christie, Australian Wool Innovation (AWI) General Manager Peta Slack-Smith and Sea Shepherd Australia Qld Representative Bridgette Gower.
EFWA CEO Zuhal Kuvan Mills said the seminar will be a lesson in sustainability.
“Come and learn from industry leaders and experts about the issues that matter most and how we can make a difference,” she said.
Eco Seminar 2018 –Disposable Planet 2
WHEN: November 10, 9:30am – 12:30pm
WHERE: The Clink Theatre,18 Mowbray St, Port Douglas
– Douglas Shire Mayor Julia Leu
– Sea Shepherd Australia Qld Representative Bridgette Gower
– Reef Restoration CEO Stewart Christie
– Australian Wool Innovation (AWI) General Manager Peta Slack-Smith
– Sustainable textile expert Marina Chahboune
– Sustainability Consultant Jane Milburn
– Fibreshed co-founder Nicki Colls
– Eluxe Magazine writer Chiara Spagnoli Gabardi
– Australian Eco Fashion Stylist Natalie Shehata
– Spanish sustainable fashion expert Sylvia Calvo
– Hoy-Scott Watershed Society President Robbin Whachel
Full profiles are available here:
The program of events for Eco Fashion Week 2018 includes:
– Nightly fashion shows
– Eco Seminar
– Mending workshops
– Designer showroom
– Fashion swap
– Fashion for Rainforests
– Eco Marketplace
For further comment or interviews, please contact:
EFWA Ambassador Angie Ayers – 0478 801 025
EFWA Chief Executive Officer Zuhal Kuvan Mills – 0407 479 520