Water and Wastewater Customer Service
Water and Wastewater branch within the Douglas Shire Council is responsible for providing safe drinking water and efficient environmentally friendly wastewater services to the Douglas Shire Community.
Water and Wastewater Customer Service Standards streamline our obligations, customer expectations and performance indicators.
Douglas Shire Council has successfully complied with regulations of Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy (DNRME) by submitting an Annual Performance Report through the Statewide Water Information Management (SWIM) portal since 2015.
The SWIM system was created to simplify reporting of up to 900 plus indicators reported by Queensland Service Providers.
The SWIM online portal and data translation tools require the reporting of about 200 indicators which are then passed on to State and Commonwealth agencies in specified formats.
This portal now includes the KPI framework from the DNRME.
The KPIs are designed to monitor and benchmark performance on common industry metrics including: water security, capacity to ensure continuity of supply, affordability, financial sustainability, industry and workforce capability and quality of service provided to customers.
Annual Water & Sewerage Performance Reports
- Annual Water and Sewerage Performance Report 2017-2018
- Annual Water and Sewerage Performance Report 2016-2017
- Annual Water and Sewerage Performance Report 2015-2016
- Annual Water and Sewerage Performance Report 2014-2015
Qld Water & Sewerage Benchmarking Reports
- Qld Urban Potable Water and Sewerage Benchmarking Report 2017-2018
- Qld Urban Potable Water and Sewerage Benchmarking Report 2016-2017
- Qld Urban Potable Water and Sewerage Benchmarking Report 2015-2016
- Qld Urban Potable Water and Sewerage Benchmarking Report 2014-2015