There’s no excuses for ignoring the garden – it’s free mulch time.
Douglas Shire Council is offering free mulch for domestic users at the Killaloe and Newell Beach Transfer Stations from Friday 12 December until Monday 15 December.
Assisted loading is available for domestics utes, trailers and small light trucks.
The mulch is “green” uncured mulch and Council does not guarantee the quality of the product.
This material is not produced to Australian Standard and it may contains weed species and other non organic remnants.
Douglas Shire residents are also reminded that Level 2 Water Restrictions are still in place.
Under Level 2 Water restrictions, watering is only permitted between the hours of 6am – 9am and 6pm – 9pm on alternate days with a:
- Hand-held trigger or twist nozzle
- Irrigation system (gardens only, no grassed areas)
- Watering can or bucket
“Alternate days” shall mean designated days of water use.
- Properties with an odd street number may water on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday;
- Properties with an even street number may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday;
- Properties without a Council-prescribed street number may water on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday;
- No watering is permitted on Monday