Council is offering residents the opportunity to pick up Free mulch for four days, from Friday 28th August to Monday 31st August 2020
It’s very timely in these drier months as mulching helps slow moisture evaporation, which means there’s more water in the soil and available to thirsty plant roots. Mulching also helps to prevent weeds.
Where: Killaloe Transfer Station only.
- Monday to Saturday from 8am to 5.30pm
- Sundays from 9am to 5.30pm.
- The offer of free mulch applies to domestic users only. Vehicles weighing up to GVM 4.5 tonnes maximum with a maximum of four cubic metres per load.
- Council staff will assist with loading.
- The stock is “green” uncured mulch, and Council does not guarantee the quality of the product. This material is not produced to Australian Standard (AS4454-2003) and may contain weed species and other non-organic remnants. Council does not assume any liability resulting from the use of this product.
- Social distancing measures are still in place at Killaloe Transfer Station, please stay in your vehicle unless securing your load.
- For enquiries regarding Electric or Crazy Ant quarantine details, please contact the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry on 13 25 23.