Douglas Shire Council is calling for an artist experienced in aerosol (graffiti) art to conduct a series of workshops with local young people, in conjunction with youth community organisations, to design and paint public art murals on skate parks in Wonga Beach, Mossman and Port Douglas.
It is anticipated that each skate park project will require 3 x all weekend workshops, with the first park to be completed by end of 2014.
The Artist will be required to:
- Demonstrate experience in aerosol/graffiti art
- Source and supply paint, surface preparation appropriate to skate parks and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Work with the project team to facilitate a group of young people to design public art based on discussions of community, people and place
- Teach the techniques of aerosol art from design to preparing and painting the surface, and direct and assist the group through the painting process
- Ideally have experience in running workshops or working in groups
- Have, or be able to obtain, a Working with Children Bluecard
Interested artists who fulfil the above criteria are invited to contact Douglas Shire Council email@example.com or PO Box 723 Mossman Qld by 4 November.