Department: People and Community Services
Location: Mossman Administration Building
Primary Objectives of Position:
- Assist the Community and Economic Development unit in achieving the Team’s goals and objectives as outlined in the Corporate Plan and Operational Plan.
- To work collaboratively across Council departments in a proactive advisory role and assist implementation of projects that impact on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- To work collaboratively with Indigenous communities and organisations in the Douglas region to enhance their capacity to identify their aspirations with a focus to live a safe, equitable, inclusive and sustainable lifestyle.
- To liaise with other Council teams, including Local Laws, Frontline Services, Libraries, Property and Public Spaces, on cultural protocols and assist with community engagement, and partner with on special projects.
- Formation and facilitation of Council’s Reconciliation Working Group.
Download the Information Kit here.
Applications close: Friday 2 October 2020