**LEVEL 1 WATER RESTRICTIONS **
DOUGLAS Shire will be on Level 1 Water Restrictions from Monday 21 November 2022 after dry conditions caused a drop in water levels at intakes across the shire.
Douglas Shire Council is encouraging the community to be water wise in the home and backyard to help steady creek levels until rainfall arrives.
This includes only using sprinklers and irrigation systems to water the garden overnight on no more than three days per week.
Further to the dry conditions, the Bureau of Meteorology has forecast heatwave conditions in the region until Wednesday next week.
Douglas residents can get their hands on FREE mulch to freshen up their gardens next weekend.
Douglas Shire Council is offering three full days of FREE mulch from Friday 25 November until Sunday 27 November 2022 for domestic customers at Killaloe Transfer Station.
Free mulch will be available during normal opening hours:
- Monday to Saturday from 8am to 5:30pm
- Sunday from 9am to 5:30pm.
The station is located at Lot 170 Killaloe Dump Road.
Mulch will be loaded by staff using mechanical equipment.
Terms and conditions:
- Free mulch giveaway available Killaloe Transfer Station only.
- This offer applies to domestic vehicles only with vehicle weight to maximum GVM/GCM 4.5 tonnes and a maximum of 4 m3 per visit.
- Stock is ‘green’ uncured mulch and Council does not guarantee the quality of the product or assume any liability resulting from its use.
- Whilst the stock has been checked by Biosecurity Officers, this material is not produced to AS4454-2012 and may contain weed species and other non-organic remnants.