Level 2 Water restrictions were introduced in the Douglas Shire on Thursday 8 December due to the prolonged dry season.
Under Level 2 Water restrictions, watering is only permitted between the hours of 6am – 9am and 6pm – 9pm on alternate days with a:
- Hand-held trigger or twist nozzle
- Irrigation system (gardens only, no grassed areas)
- Watering can or bucket
“Alternate days” shall mean designated days of water use.
- Properties with an odd street number may water on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday;
- Properties with an even street number may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday;
- Properties without a Council-prescribed street number may water on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday;
- No watering is permitted on Monday
On the spot fines (Penalty Infringement Notices) of $365 for Residential Customers and $1828 for Non-Residential Customers apply for non-compliance of restrictions.
Council’s General Manager Operations Nick Wellwood urged residents and businesses to comply with the Level 2 water restrictions.
“Council officers will be actively patrolling to ensure businesses and residents are complying with the Level 2 restrictions,” Mr Wellwood said.
“Council thanks everyone in the community for their efforts in conserving water.”