Mossman Pool & Caravan Park on Park Street in Mossman is over 30 years old, and currently managed by Douglas Shire Council.
Council has reviewed the facility and has produced a concept masterplan as well as a proposed scope of works.
The aim of the project is to deliver a contemporary facility including an upgrade to the pool to Regional competition pool standards, and a Destination caravan park with potential as a revenue centre for Council.
In Council’s 2021 Operational Plan we will undertake a feasibility study and detailed design to redevelop the Mossman Pool and Caravan Park. Our aim is by June 2021 we will have a shovel ready project to apply for funds to deliver a contemporary pool and leisure park in Mossman.
A concept master plan and scope of works were made available for public comment and feedback from the community. See the full plan, here. In brief, the proposal includes:
- Upgrade pool to Regional competition pool standards, including drainage, starting blocks, timing equipment, etc.
- Installation of new spectator seating.
- New pool shade incorporating lighting to enable night time use.
- Shaded dedicated learn to swim pool.
- Upgraded kiosk, change room, gymnasium and residence building.
- Upgraded ablutions block, including disabled access, in the Caravan Park.
- Construction of a full-size tennis court.
- Shaded playground and games area.
- Camp kitchen and BBQ area (with tables and seating).
- Additional permanent cabins in the Caravan Park.
- New Health and Wellbeing Centre with including indoor therapy pool and spa, treatment/consultation rooms and meeting room.
Council released the 2019-2020 Annual Budget, announcing it will spend $400,000 to complete a masterplan. Read full announcement, here.
Round one of consultation has now closed, for any further feedback please contact Gaye Scott on 0418 793 009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Future engagement will include:
- Findings of Round One
- Discussions with industry groups on the findings
- Round Two public consultation for detailed planning
[CLICK HERE] to view details of past consultation