Douglas Shire Council, on behalf of the Douglas Local Disaster Management Group (LDMG), offers a range of activities to help engage with and educate our local community about different types of disaster events.
In order to truly understand the impact of disaster events, we need to work with our local community. We want to know what your experiences are, what your needs are and where the gaps lie. To achieve this, we offer and/or participate in a variety of engagement activities, including:
- Participating in community and corporate events by providing an information stall.
- Designing and facilitating disaster planning workshops to target specific sectors in the community.
- Delivering disaster awareness presentations to organisations and community groups.
- Providing subject-matter expertise and advice to assist your organisation or community group with the development or review of disaster plans.
- Providing other assistance as requested.