Port Douglas Markets
The Port Douglas Markets are set to re-open on Sunday, 28 June, 2020. For more information, please read Council’s media release.
The iconic, Port Douglas Markets are held every Sunday from 8am-1:30pm in Market Park, Port Douglas. Market Park adjoins ANZAC Park and is located on Wharf Street, overlooking the picturesque Dickson Inlet and the Daintree Rainforest.
Established almost 35 years ago, the Port Douglas Markets are famous for serving up a wide variety of locally produced food, seasonal fresh produce, as well as hand-crafted goods of every description.
In 1998, Council decided that the famous Port Douglas Sunday Markets would be a “Cotters Market”, thereby ensuring that goods offered for sale were made by the stallholder.
Helpful information for those visiting the markets:
- A carpark is located adjacent to Market Park, although it can quickly fill up on busy days.
- Alternative parking can be found along suburban streets or at the Crystalbrook Marina Port Douglas.
- Reflecting its natural surrounds, the market grounds are grassed and not equipped with paved pathways. The ground may be uneven in sections and assistance may be required.
Information for stallholders:
- Stallholder space can be booked by contacting the Market Coordinator on Thursdays between 9am – 2pm.
- Please call 0459 999 078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiries or completed applications.
- Download a Market Site Application Form, here.
- Any postal correspondence should be addressed to the Port Douglas Market Coordinator and sent to Council’s postal address, listed here.
- Douglas Shire Council adopted a Port Douglas Markets Policy at the January 2018 Ordinary Council Meeting. You can view the policy, here