The nursery will reopen on the 1 February 2023.
Nursery staff will re-stock native tree supplies throughout January 2022 due to large orders of trees allocated for re-vegetation works in the new year.
The Mossman Nursery is located near the Council Depot on Alchera Drive.
Council provides six natives plants per year per property for Douglas Shire residents.
The Nursery is open every Wednesday to the general public, between 10:30am and 3:30pm, closed from 12:30pm to 1pm for lunch.
Did you know?
Douglas Shire Council’s Nursery has been operational for about 30 years. The majority of plants are grown from seeds that are collected locally to keep the genetics of the area intact wherever possible. Many staff carry bags in their pocket or car for seed collection, and there are also a number of dedicated volunteers that help in the nursery, who also assist with the provision of seed collections.
Work that the Nursery staff do:
- Growing for re-vegetation and to restore habitat of degraded or weed infested lands
- Grow to contract for other people’s projects
- Works within Council for projects
- Growing plants for Council gardens
- Plants for ratepayers and the community