Infrastructure charges are levied upon development as part of the development assessment process.
Charges collected or assets constructed contribute to the provision of essential trunk infrastructure to service the Shire.
Pursuant to section 113 of the Planning Act 2016 Douglas Shire Council adopted a Local Government Infrastructure Plan and Adopted Infrastructure Charges in accordance with Council’s Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution on 5 June 2018 and commenced on 1 July 2018. The Local Government Infrastructure Plan was adopted as a Planning Scheme amendment. The resolution details:
- Identifies the existing and future trunk infrastructure for the local government area;
- Confirms the identification of trunk infrastructure networks to which the adopted infrastructure charges apply within the local government area;
- Confirms the development within the local government area that is subject to the infrastructure charges;
- Confirms that standard of service for each network for the local government area;
- Confirms the establishment cost of each network for the local government area;
- How infrastructure charges are calculated; and
- Council’s trunk infrastructure standards, network planning, costings and schedule of works.
The resolution and schedules are available on the links below.
Last updated 29/08/2019