- Ensuring that invasive plants and animals are controlled within Council area as outlined in Chapter 3 Part 1/Part 2 of the Biosecurity Act 2014.
- Preventing the introduction and spread of invasive plants and animals within this local government area.
- Enforcing relevant provisions of the Douglas Shire Council’s Biosecurity Management Plan (Pest Management Plan) and the Biosecurity Act 2014.
Council assists in the control of declared pest animals by offering:
- 1080 baiting
- Assistance with feral Pig Trapping
- Assistance with Wild dog trapping
For more information on these services, contact Council’s Biosecurity (Pest) Management team on 4099 9444.