LOCAL business owners will come together to be inspired when the Douglas Business Expo kicks off tomorrow morning.
More than 100 people and 15 trade booths have registered to attend the free event at the Port Douglas Community Hall.
The Douglas Business Expo, which is organised by Douglas Chamber of Commerce and Douglas Shire Council, is a collaborative event bringing key government and industry representatives together to exchange knowledge and ideas for regional business.
The event will feature five keynote speakers who will talk to business owners about ways they can leverage upcoming economic opportunities.
Douglas Chamber of Commerce President Liz Ross said the event was shaping up to be a golden opportunity to come together before the busy period.
“We have been blown away by the response from the business community and their willingness to get involved,” she said.
“The positive response shows there is a real enthusiasm about pushing our small business sector forward by working together.
“We expect the expo to be packed with plenty of savvy business minds who can inject some positivity into the Douglas Shire.”
Port Douglas Mossman Gazette, Newsport and Fab FM have jumped on board as expo partners.
The expo features networking opportunities and optional one-on-one sessions with Queensland’s small business champion, Maree Adshead.
Key players will also discuss high-profile local projects such as Far Northern Milling Pty Ltd’s Daintree Bio Precinct and the Wangetti Trail.
Representatives from the Salvation Army’s Kubirri Aged Care Centre in Mossman will also be there.
Attendees will receive a complimentary merchandise pack on arrival with breakfast provided.
Ms Ross encouraged attendees to become members at the Douglas Chamber of Commerce.
“Becoming a Chamber member enables individual businesses to harness support and advice from their business peers when presented with matters of opportunity, concern and importance,” she said.
“This is a great opportunity to get involved ahead of the busy season and help us grow our local small business sector.”
Date And Time
Friday, 6th March 2020
7:00 am – 11.30 pm
Port Douglas Community Hall
Port Douglas, QLD 4877
- 07.00 – Registration & Breakfast
- 07:30 – Networking & Trade Booths
- 08:20 – Master of Ceremonies Opening – Martin Tranter, Douglas Chamber of Commerce.
- 08:35 – Welcome – Douglas Shire Council Mayor Julia Leu
- 08:40 – Queensland Small Business Champion – Maree Adshead
- 09:05 – Wangetti Trail – Executive Director, Stakeholder Engagement, Steve Keating
- 09:30 – Construction Skills QLD – Director Research & Digital, Robert Sobyra
- 09:50 – Department of Transport & Main Roads – Far North District Director Ross Hodgman]
- 10:20 – Daintree Bio Precinct – Far Northern Milling CEO Bronwyn Dwyer and Deby Ruddell
- 10:45 – Question Time
- 11:15 – Trade Booth Expo & Break Out Sessions with Speakers