Council’s Environmental Health and Regulatory Unit is responsible for implementing specific provisions of the Environmental Protection Act 1994 and subordinate legislation relating to the protection of the environment from environmental harm. State Legislation includes:
- Environmental Protection Act 1994
- Environmental Protection Regulation 2008
- Environmental Protection (Water) Policy 2009 (EPP Water)
- Environmental Protection (Air) Policy 2008
- Environmental Protection (Noise) Policy 2008
- Waste Reduction & Recycling Act 2011
- Waste Reduction & Recycling Regulation 2011
Activities regulated and enforced by the Environmental Health and Regulatory Unit include environmentally relevant activities (ERAs), contamination of waterways, environmental nuisances including light, noise, odour, particles and smoke, erosion and sediment control, illegal dumping and dewatering permits.
Copies of the Environmental Protection Act 1994, Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and other associated legislation can be found at the Queensland Legislation website.