The issuing of rate notices and the payment of rates is closely linked to interest charged on overdue rates.

  • Rate notices are issued half-yearly – approximately in January and July each year
  • Water notices issued three times a year – approximately in February, June and October each year


The due date for payment is defined as being no more than thirty-five (35) days from the date of issue of the rate or water usage notice.

Interest at the rate of 11.46% per annum compounding daily will be charged on all rates and charges which remain unpaid after the due date, until payment in full is received at Council’s office.

Council understands that sometimes it is difficult to pay your rates on time due to current financial situations.

If you are experiencing difficulties in paying your Rates account by the due date, you may be eligible to enter into an Arrangement to Pay with Council.

Please call the Customer Service officers on (07) 4099 9444 before the due date to organise a payment arrangement.


Change of address

It is the ratepayers responsibility to ensure that Council has the correct mailing address for all notices. Only the rate payers whose names are shown on the properties can authorise a change of mailing address.

Change of address notification must be in writing and can be forwarded to Council via letter, fax or email. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in notices being posted to the wrong address and does not hinder debt recovery action for the future.

To change your postal address, please complete the Change of Address form. At this stage Council cannot take your change of address over the telephone.


Change of Name

You can request for your name record to be changed by providing a written request to Council and including a certified copy of a Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate or Birth Certificate.

The name record will only change the name that appears on Council’s information (ie Rates Notice etc), it does not change the name on the title of the property.

If you require the name to be changed on the title of the property then you will need to contact the Titles Office in Brisbane.


Change of Ownership

Council will only accept change of property ownership details from the Department of Resources or a Form 1 & 24 directly from the Solicitors.

If settlement has taken place, you should check with your Solicitor to verify that the Form 1 and 24 has been lodged.