Following is a guideline of general procedures and restrictions that apply to any person or organisation holding a special event at a Douglas Shire Council Venue. You can find a full list of Council venues available for hire, here.
- Procedure/processing time for applications – Written applications are to be submitted a minimum of two weeks prior to the event.
- Fee structure – Fees may be charged and are dependent on the event.
- Hours of operation for holding a special event – Dependent on venue and function.
- Bond/deposit required – Is usually required but is dependent on the event (e.g. potential ground damage)
- Insurance requirements – For incorporated bodies, sporting clubs or associations, Public Liability cover of $20 million is required, with Douglas Shire Council to be noted on policy as an interested party. For casual users, Douglas Shire Council has in place a liability insurance cover with a $2,000 policy deductible (excess per claim) and limit of indemnity of $10 million for casual users at no cost to the casual user. A casual hirer is defined to be an individual or a group who enters into an agreement for use of a Council facility, where that individual or group:
• is non-commercial;
• is not incorporated;
• is not involved in high risk sports; and
• hires a Council facility no more that 12 days per year.
- Capacity limitations – Dependent on venue and function.
- Hours for set-up and clean-up – To be negotiated with Council upon application.
- Vehicle access – Prior permission required for vehicles to drive onsite. Number of vehicles to be included in application.
- Parking facilities – Variable.
- Erection of structure – Only temporary structures permitted with details to be submitted to Council.
- Alcohol consumption – Alcohol may be consumed at venues but this is subject to State licensing requirements.
- Special effects (e.g. fireworks, lasers) – Special effects are permitted subject to appropriate approvals (Contact Local Laws department on 4099 9444).
- Access to power and water – Available (cost for use charged to the hirer).
- Access to existing amenities – Access to existing amenities is variable and needs to be confirmed with Council.
- Amplified music – Will be considered as part of the application for approval process.
- Noise levels – Not to exceed State requirements. Contact Council’s Development and Environment department on 4099 9444.
- Food requirements – Contact Council’s Development and Environment department on 4099 9444.
- Waste management and clean-up requirements – to be arranged by event organiser. Contact waste contractors.
- Additional comments/requirements: for bookings please contact Council on 4099 9444.
Phone (07) 4099 9444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org