Council provides many facilities for you to enjoy recreational, sporting and leisure pursuits. These include parks, playgrounds, skate parks, sports grounds and a community swimming pool.
All Abilities Playground
Bubu Kinkari / George Davis Park Foxton Avenue, Mossman features an all-abilities playground – with engaging structures and a sensory space designed to be used by children with various levels of ability. The playground is fenced with three gated access points. Accessible parking and toilet are available. Located near the iconic giant Raintrees and opposite historic St David’s Church this is a perfect spot to enjoy the free barbecue facilities with family and friends. Consider using the facilities on a Saturday morning when the Mossman Markets are held just opposite the playground.
Below are a listing of the leased sports parks.
- Port Douglas Sports Complex Mowbray St, Port Douglas – Rugby Union, AFL, Cricket, Netball, Soccer, and Skateboarding
- Reynolds Park Davidson Street, Port Douglas – Tennis, Basketball
- Douglas Sailing Club Solander Boulevard, Port Douglas – Sailing
- Mossman Soccer Club Cassowary Road, Cassowary – Soccer
- Mossman Indoor Sports Centre Front Street, Mossman – Gymnastics, Kindergym, Netball and Basketball
- Coronation Park aka Mossman Showgrounds Jack Street, Mossman – Rugby League, Cricket, Touch, and Women’s Fitness
- Mossman Pony Club Finlayvale Road, Finlayvale – Equestrian
- Mossman Golf Club Newell Beach Road, North Mossman – Golf
- Daintree Sports Oval Douglas and Osbourne Streets, Daintree – Cricket
- Diwan Sports Centre Tea Tree Road,Diwan – Cricket
- George Davis Park – Foxton Avenue, Mossman
- Port Douglas Sports Facility – Wharf St, Port Douglas
- Wonga Beach Skate Park – Wonga Community Park, Wonga Beach
- Wonga Community Park – Mossman Daintree Rd, Wonga Beach
- Bubu Kinkari / George Davis Park – Foxton Ave, Mossman