The 136km and 100km Gran Fondo courses, the 60km Semi Fondo and 48km Medio Fondo (Medium Ride) will be held on Sunday 10 September.
The Port Douglas Gran Fondo courses will take riders along Great Barrier Reef Drive between Port Douglas and Palm Cove, while taking in breathtaking views through the palm trees alongside the Coral Sea.
Other events across the Festival weekend include the Cairns Post Criterium, Hemingway’s Brewery Sprint, Choo Choos FREE Family Ride, Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina Festival Expo, local live music and after party!
This event will deliver close to $5M into the local economy and bring new tourists to the region. But event organisers understand that road closures impact the local community, Cairns Airport transfers, tourism operators, travelling tourists, businesses and all road users. Their aim is to minimise this impact as much as possible and ensure we open roads on schedule.
Changed Road Conditions:
PORT DOUGLAS ONLY (Saturday 9 September 2023)
- Wharf St: From Port St to Grant st between 10:30am to 8pm
- Grant St: From Wharf St to Mowbray St between 10:30am to 6pm
- Mowbray St: From Grant St to Mudlow St between 10:30am to 6pm
- Mudlow St: From Mowbray St to Port St between 10:30am – 6pm
GREAT BARRIER REEF DRIVE (Sunday 10 September 2023)
Southbound (Port Douglas to Cairns)
- 6.00am to 1.30pm – Willie Pye Memorial Park, Craiglie to Palm Cove Boulevard, Palm Cove
Northbound (Cairns to Port Douglas)
- 5.30am to 11.30am – Palm Cove Boulevard, Palm Cove to Wangetti Beach Road, Wangetti
- 6.00am to 1.30pm – Wangetti Beach Road, Wangetti to Willie Pye Memorial Park, Craiglie
Emergency vehicles will still have full access to Great Barrier Reef Drive in both directions between Port Douglas and Cairns during these times.
Full road closure details are outlined below. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions:
Mob: 0455 261 555