The Port Douglas Neighbourhood Centre is working with Mossman Support Services, Mossman Youth Centre, Cairns Regional Domestic Violence Service, Mossman Elders Justice Group and Douglas Shire Council to coordinate a local art event that has been adapted to meet the current social distance restrictions.
The theme for the community creative art project is “Creating Hope”, a strong message that Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Month focuses on.
Participants are encouraged to create artwork using any materials and resources they have on hand and to submit a photo of their art by email to one of the organisation’s listed below.
The sponsoring organisations can assist people with photography and upload if they need help.
It is anticipated that entries will focus on domestic violence awareness with an emphasis on hope for the future.
The public will be invited to vote for their favourite entries and prizes of $100 will be awarded for the following categories:
- Most popular entry
- Most quirky or resourceful entry
- Best teen entry
- Best pre-teen entry
- Voter prize (all who vote will go in the draw for a $100 prize)
Entries need to be submitted by 12 noon on Monday 25 May and voting opens at 9am Tuesday 26 May and closes at 5pm on Thursday 28 May.
Winners will be announced on Friday 29 May.
Further information, to pick up a hard copy of an entry form and to submit your entry forms, contact the following organisations:
- Port Douglas Neighbourhood Centre 4099 5518 or email email@example.com
- Mossman Support Services 4098 2836 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cairns Regional Domestic Violence Service Douglas Shire Office 4098 1974 email email@example.com
- Douglas Shire Council firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mossman Elders Justice Group P: 40983482
- Female Coordinator Domestic /Family Violence email@example.com
- Male Coordinator Domestic /Family Violence Simeon.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Case Manager Remote Alcohol Drug Intervention Outcomes email@example.com ph: 0429 871 941