- Operations to remove silt and sand will begin overnight on Friday 12 January from 6pm until 5am.
- This massive task will take 6 days with a dedicated workforce, when normally around 14 days would be allocated to such a big job.
- The ferry schedule will then return to the regular 5am to midnight service.
The Daintree Ferry is now open 6am to 6pm but is only available to:
• Locals living north of the Daintree River
• Essential services (road crews, tradies & delivery drivers)
• Tourists with accommodation booked between Forest Creek and Thornton’s Beach (proof of booking is required when boarding the ferry)
• Emergency Services
These restrictions are in line with QPWS’s closure of the Daintree National Park.
If there is an urgent need for someone else to travel on the ferry, a request can be made to Council via email@example.com or please call 4099 9444.
The ferry is currently cash only – EFTPOS machines are still not back online.
Sand removal of the Daintree River will be completed overnight from this Friday until Thursday 18 January 2023 to ensure the ferry continues to operate.
We’ll provide updates as soon as there are changes to current restrictions.