National Asbestos Awareness Month aims to alert Australians to the dangers of working with asbestos during home renovations and maintenance.
- Asbestos might be lurking in and around homes and on properties.
- Asbestos products can be found in any home built or renovated before 1990 including fibro, brick, weatherboard, clad homes and apartments.
- Asbestos can be lurking in kitchens, bathrooms, laundries, under floor coverings, behind wall and floor tiles, in cement floors, internal and external walls, garages, ceilings and ceiling space (insulation), eaves, fences, extensions and backyard sheds.
- Asbestos could be anywhere!
Anyone thinking of renovating should download the Residential Property Checklist from www.asbestosawareness.com.au to protect themselves and their families from asbestos.
If you are thinking of #renovating your home, the below video is a must watch! Created by the wonderful Asbestos Awareness Ambassador Cherie Barber, Asbestos in Your Home: The Ultimate Renovators Guide, is a comprehensive safety video for home renovators and decorators #AsbestosItsaNoGo
Additional Website links
- #Renovating? Be smart! Download a Healthy House Checklist before you start. Keep your family safe by knowing all the potential asbestos risks in your home!
- 28 Trade Specific asbestos safety checklists have been developed to help tradies manage asbestos safely. Get to know asbestos this November.