Current dog registrations expire on 31 July 2023, and renewal notices will be posted to all registered dog owners on 30 June 2023.
FREE registrations are available for:
- puppies under the age of six month,
- eligible pensioners over the age of 65, whose dogs have been desexed and microchipped, and
- new residents who can provide a valid registration certificate from another Council.
HUGE discounts are also available for:
- desexed dogs – 73% discount, and
- pensioners – 31.5% discount.
Please check that all your details are up to date when receiving your renewal notice, to ensure your furry friend can be re-united with you quickly should they ever go missing.
In Queensland, all cats and dogs between 8 and 12 weeks of age must be implanted with a microchip. Responsibility for microchipping is with the person selling or giving away the animal.