The Bureau of Meteorology is reporting that the immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
*Please note: the Anich’s Bridge flood camera is currently down and Council is working to fix the issue.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for heavy rainfall in Douglas Shire.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Port Douglas, Mossman, Daintree Village and Julatten.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 11:05 am.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210.
The Bureau and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.