Due to damage sustained during flooding events in January 2019, Douglas Shire Council will be completing restoration works to repair a landslip at Upper Daintree.
The project involves stabilising a slipped section of the road on the north side of Upper Daintree Road, north of Daintree Village.
Council has carried out interim works including debris removal, superficial slope re-profiling and minor improvements of surface water drainage measures.
Over the past two years and seven disaster events, Council has been managing repairs costing an estimated $22.8 million spread over 26 projects.
Cost of Project
Council resolved to award the contract for the Upper Daintree Road Landslip Repair to GEO Design Pty Ltd for an amount of $290,151.00 exclusive of GST.
Council is seeking the services of a construction service entity with the prerequisite skills, resources, capabilities and experience in slope stabilisation works to deliver the required repair to the failed slope. The tender is available at LG Tender Box and closes on 22nd January, 2020.
In the News
- Alexandra Range Landslip Repairs Completed – September 23, 2019
- 60-metre Daintree Landslip tests Council crews – May 2019
- Douglas Shire Open for business – March 2019
- Repairs kick into gear after monsoonal hammering – February 2019
- Calls for vigilance as monsoonal rain shapes up return– January 2019
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Gaye Scott on 0418 793 009 or firstname.lastname@example.org