AUSTRALIA’S most popular TV presenter will talk all things gardening with Douglas Shire green thumbs at the Mossman Shire Hall this month.
Gardening Australia’s Costa Georgiadis, who this week took out a silver logie for Most Popular Presenter, will take part in a town hall event with Douglas Garden Awards entrants, sponsors and general garden-loving public on Wednesday, July 31.
The meet and greet will feature a Q&A with the popular gardener, as well as presentations from Mossman Botanic Gardens Chairman John Sullivan, Biosecurity Queensland and Council’s Mossman nursery technician.
Douglas Shire Mayor Julia Leu said Costa would get a winner’s welcome.
“We are very much looking forward to helping Costa celebrate his recent logie win,” she said.
“To have Australia’s most popular TV presenter come up to Douglas Shire is a really exciting opportunity for our local gardeners
“We have organised a fantastic evening where Douglas gardeners can pick Costa’s brain and get some handy tips about gardening in the tropics.”
Entries for the Douglas Garden Awards close next Friday, July 12.
Council is particularly seeking entries for the residential and sustainable garden categories.
Please see Council’s website for more details.
Douglas Shire Council would like to thanks all our fantastic sponsors:
Mossman Hardware, Mossman Botanic Gardens, Queensland Government, Daintree Discovery Centre, Botanic Garden Services, Papillon Landscapes, Ghost Gum Gardening & Irrigation, Hortulus Landscapes, Floravilla Ice Creamery and Mossman B&B.
‘Let it Grow ’ DSC Garden Awards
WEDNESDAY NIGHT (JULY 31)
Mossman Shire Hall | 6 pm until 7 pm
Q+A with Gardening Australia’s Costa Georgiadis.
• Introduction by Mayor Julia Leu
• Gaylene Sheather – DSC – Brief Rundown of services the nursery offers and the benefits of planting Indigenous natives.
• Electric Ant Eradication Program – Information on stopping the spread of electric ants and what to do if you find them in your garden.
• John Sullivan – Mossman Botanical Gardens – Update on the proposed Gardens
• Open Mic Q+A with Costa
Light refreshments served.
THURSDAY NIGHT (AUGUST 1)
Port Douglas Community Hall | 7:30 pm until 8:30 pm
• Awards Hosted & Presented by Mayor Leu and Costa (Category sponsors presenting prizes)
• 16 finalists
• Photos with winners and runners up.
Light Refreshments served.